SPEECH BY MR CALVIN CHAN
PRINCIPAL, SEGi COLLEGE SUBANG JAYA AT
MEMORANDUM OF AGREEMENT SIGNING CEREMONY BETWEEN
SEGI COLLEGE SUBANG JAYA AND SCHOOL OF SKILLS (SOS)
30 MARCH 2021
Mr Clement Lim,
Joint Managing Director of CKL Group
Mr Ken Foo,
Chief Operating Director of School of Skills
Dr Tiu Zian Cheak,
Associate Dean, Joint Faculty of Engineering, SEGi Group of Colleges and Head, Faculty of Engineering and IT, SEGi College Subang Jaya
Mr Keane Tham
Director, Business Development, SEGi College Subang Jaya
Respected colleagues from School of Skills and SEGi College Subang Jaya,
Distinguished Guests, students, ladies, and gentlemen
And all our friends who are watching us live online.
Very good morning and Salam Sejahtera,
- On behalf of SEGi College Subang Jaya, I am pleased to express our delight in the realisation of today’s partnership with an established organisation, CKL Group’s School of Skill, or also fondly known as SOS. I believe I speak for everyone here when I say today’s signing ceremony is a very meaningful event for all of us as we join hands towards developing talents that are future-ready and industry-relevant.
- Together with SOS, SEGi’s goal is to create awareness among youth and the next generation in Malaysia especially in the field of engineering. We aim to ignite their interest in looking forward to a career in the automotive industry, which is an evergreen and growing market, not just locally here in Malaysia, but internationally as well.
- How do we know it is an evergreen and growing market? Well, despite the COVID-19 pandemic, financial and investment analysts are still optimistic about the growth of the auto industry. According to an article in The Edge Markets published in January 2021, the Malaysian Automotive Association (MAA) expects the total industry volume (TIV) to increase from 529 thousand vehicles in 2020 to 570 thousand in 2021, which is a year on year increment of 8%, driven by a recovery in economic activities.
- The latest Malaysia’s National Automotive Policy (NAP) 2020 has shifted from a policy-driven to a vision-driven policy, which promotes innovation. NAP 2020 envisions to enhance Malaysia’s automotive industry in the era of digital industrial transformation from 2020 to 2030, thus enabling Malaysia to realise Connected Mobility. It encourages new growth areas through the integration of technology which is in line with Industrial Revolution 4.0. Hence, we are starting to see vehicles with artificial intelligence being one of the game changers in the existing markets.
- Needless to say that today’s collaboration is timely for us as educators because we play an important role to equip our future generations with the essential skills and qualifications needed to excel in their career.
- Further to ensuring affordability, SEGi will provide an academic pathway for not only a Diploma but Degree with our partner university, the University of Sunderland from the UK. This partnership will enable students from SOS, an articulation pathway from a TVET Diploma into the mainstream Diploma or Degree qualification.
- The SEGi and SOS collaboration will also open doors to faculties from both our institutions to engage and exchange ideas as well as expertise. In pipelines are plans for a joint effort in creating awareness and inspire high school students focusing on automotive engineering and technology.
- I would like to take this opportunity to thank CKL Group’s School of Skill once again for coming together with us to make this collaboration possible.
- 2016 F1 World Champion Nico Rosberg once said, “No matter how good a driver you are, you have to have the right car and the right team behind you in order to succeed.” SEGi have found the right team with CKL Group’s School of Skill, and together we have assembled the right car – our partnership. Now, let us drive our future generations to win championships with their career.
With that, ladies and gentlemen, thank you very much.
كلية طب الأسنان
[…]just beneath, are many entirely not connected internet sites to ours, nevertheless, they’re certainly worth going over[…]