The conditions for applying for an education loan are as follows:
- Aged not more than 45 years on the date of application;
- Obtain offers to IPTA / IPTS and Polytechnics by fulfilling the entry eligibility requirements set by the Ministry of Education Malaysia and the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA);
- Courses attended by IPTA / IPTS and Polytechnic students must be approved by the Ministry of Education Malaysia and registered with PTPTN; *
- For IPTS students, the course followed must obtain a Certificate of Accreditation from the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) and is still within the validity period at the date of application;
- For students with different qualifications, confirmation must be obtained from the department or agency as stated above;
- The remaining period of study at the time of application must not be less than one (1) year;
- Has opened an SSPN-i / SSPN-i Plus account **.
- For more information, please refer to: https://www.ptptn.gov.my
* Only PTPTN-sponsored courses will be registered and listed in the PTPTN Online Application Portal. The IPT needs to make an application to PTPTN if they want to get a PTPTN loan sponsorship.
** Only SSPN-i accounts with 15 digits can apply for PTPTN. Please contact the nearest PTPTN branch to check the 15-digit SSPN-i account number.